June 6, 2021
The Strafford School Board held an emergency meeting on Sunday afternoon, June 6; the emergency consists of the current heatwave and its impact on mask wearing by both students and staff.
The following changes to procedure were unanimously adopted by the Board and are effective immediately; these guidelines will remain in effect for the remainder of the current school year:
- Wearing facemasks while in school is now optional, both in school and on the playground;
- The Board acknowledges that staff may not be able to maintain distancing;
- Masks will continue to be required on school buses, as this remains a requirement of the district's transportation contractor;
- Permission slips regarding masks are not required;
- Personal decisions are to be respected by both students and staff.
Students, staff, and visitors who choose to wear a mask may continue to do so. All members of the Strafford School community are asked to respect each others' personal choice regarding masking. Those traveling to other schools are required to comply with local mask mandates in effect at those schools.
Please call the Strafford School office with any questions.